Monday, April 25, 2011

A little over a month

In a little over a month I'll be traveling back to Haiti.... wow pretty crazy. It seems like just yesterday I was there and it was 2 years ago. I guess they are right when they say time flies. Tonight we had a conference call with Sarah from Beyond Borders who is setting up our trip and the others that will be joining us. Right now there are 5 of us with the potential of 2-3 more. We all shared our motivation for going to Haiti, our expectations of the trip, and our experience with Haiti before this trip. It was interesting to hear people you haven't met talk about their expectations 3 of which haven't been to Haiti at all. I found it intriguing that mostly people just want to experience something different and to let it transform them. It's going to be a very interesting trip.
I must say I could have been better prepared for this meeting but thankfully I did it with Anne and whenever you are with Anne you can't be lost. She is wonderful :) She also did 25 hours of silence yesterday so she was more than willing to do all the talking today! Good for me! This call reminded me that I need to keep preparing for my trip. Do more reading, more praying, more organizing and collecting. This is one of those instances where I definitely need to do more and more won't ever be too much. There is only so much time left now since it's a little more than one month!
Pray for strength, pray for renewal, pray for readiness and selflessness. Pray for the challenges and the triumphs but most of all the lives touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment