Sunday, April 3, 2011

Change

I was talking with one of my friends last night who I actually traveled to Haiti with the last time I went about how much is going to be different about the trip this time... I don't normally like different. Different is scary and unknown. Different has the potential to change and mold us. Different is well different. I can't expect things to be exactly like last trip frankly because they won't be. Even though I am going to the same place it will be like a whole new experience... I'll just know a little more about what to pack and what I'm going to be doing. Different doesn't have to be scary if I remember that God has me on this path for a reason. He's going to use me and mold me and whatever happens there is His will and it may be different than what I'm used to but isn't different really the point of this whole trip now that I think about it? To experience something different, to get out of my comfort zone, to be in solidarity with those who are so raw, fresh, and real. There are a lot of emotions I'm feeling lately... excited, scared, nervous, challenged but I know God is preparing me more and more everyday. I just keep praying that I do his will and hold nothing back. Haitian saying: "Men anpil chay pa lou" "Many hands make the load lighter" Thanks for all the prayers, comments, support and love all of you send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment