Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bonjou

Hello from Haiti!

We are having a great time here and enjoying learning all about Haiti and it's people.  The trip has been amazingly eye opening so far and I am remembering so strongly why I love this place and wanted to come back.  Everything has been so well organized this time as well which has made experiencing everything so much easier and more enjoyable.  

The weather was beautiful yesterday but rainy today.  It rained so hard last night that we had to shout to hear each other speak!  

It's amazing how relaxed I've been since we've been here... I have had zero anxiety which is a huge thing for me!  I don't know what it is about this place but it just has that effect on you.  Nothing else matters except what is here... there is a Haitian proverb that says "Haiti is for healing all" and I'm starting to believe it.  

I can't believe it's already Thursday!  I'm not going to want to leave but I am missing american toilets and showers!

I asked God to help me feel Him here and man is he coming up big!  I won't share in details now but I just wanted to say thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts and contributions.  I love and miss you all!

Special shout out to Brit and Krista for my amazing cards!  I love them!  Until later n'ap wap pita!  Or see you later!

Love C

No comments:

Post a Comment